RX590 Poor Performance in FCPX

I've followed @SpaceInvaderOne's video guide for both High Sierra and Mojave VM's and have gotten everything pretty much working, including the GPU pass through. The thing I can't figure out is that FCPX and Compressor are STRUGGLING during render/exports. In fact, my 2012 MacBook Pro with NVIDIA GT650M is almost TWICE as fast as the VM's. Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed this up? 

I've tried geekbench and I'm scoring about 150K, which is similar to my bare metal windows score. I just can't get my video editing software to use it properly, which is literally the only reason I'm messing with it at all! lol

Edited by jwblant
  • 1 month later...
On 8/2/2019 at 1:52 PM, jwblant said:

I've followed @SpaceInvaderOne's video guide for both High Sierra and Mojave VM's and have gotten everything pretty much working, including the GPU pass through. The thing I can't figure out is that FCPX and Compressor are STRUGGLING during render/exports. In fact, my 2012 MacBook Pro with NVIDIA GT650M is almost TWICE as fast as the VM's. Does anyone have any ideas on how to speed this up? 

I've tried geekbench and I'm scoring about 150K, which is similar to my bare metal windows score. I just can't get my video editing software to use it properly, which is literally the only reason I'm messing with it at all! lol

Try this post:

Notice the screenshot in the post: H264 and HEVC acceleration is ON.