Upgraded with spare parts

Upgraded my unraid server do to some bad testing on my end.  My internet had been very slow these last couple of days and bypassing the router led me to false conclusion.  After bypassing the router my speed went up.  I figured my router was bad, so instead. of going out and buying a new router, i decided to virtualize pfsense.  I've been wanting to build a baremetal pfsense firewall but the hardware i had didn't want to work. 

Once I installed the intel quad nic to my old hardware, I realized it didn't support IOMMU groups.  Everything was just one giant group.  At this point I decided I had to swap out for something newer.  I happened to have a new z390 Taichi and 9900k that weren't in use and thats' what I upgraded to. The other hardware is mostly the same. 

I don't do much with this other than run plex and a few other dockers.  Everything is pretty much direct play and I don't really need the 9900k, but it's the only processor I had laying around that would work in this Z390 board.  I also have a 1tb sabrenet rocket nvme drive that I wanted to use for cache, but never got to it.  Not even sure if it's necessary. 

Here is a list of everything I got.

Fractal Design R5

Asrock Z390 Taichi

Prolimatech Armageddon cooler

Noctua iPPC 2000 fans on cooler and case with factory case fan at the bottom I just added in. 

8TB HGST ultrastar or something for parity

8TB HGST NAS

4TB HGST NAS x 4

128GB Samsung 840 pro x2 for cache

intel i350 quad port nic

LSI 9207-8i

Before I was using an Asrock Z87m OC formula with 4770k.  Turns out it wasn't the router, just bad service from isp.

e0ZV6bXh.jpg