Can’t reach server

Gouie

Hey everyone, I had a strange problem pop up last week that I haven’t been able to resolve. Through Plex, I started the conversion of a video then left for a few hours. I checked it when I got back and there was an error. From that point Friday I have been unable to access the server through the web interface. In fact, I can’t even reach the address via ping or the like. 

I can can log into the server directly but to be honest, I know very little of Linux. I’ve done all of the obvious things like changing ports as cables on the switch. One interesting thing I noticed was when I reset the server hoping that would fix the problem, there were four or five lines with an error referring to config/docker.img. Unfortunately it buzzed by fairly quick. I can take a few pictures of the screen when I’m home tonight if that will help. 

Looking for some guidance as I’m not sure where to start. 

Edited by Gouie

I am assuming that you have the command line login prompt on the Console (monitor and keyboard on the server).  Log into the server.  Type the following command.

diagnostics

This should save a copy of the Diagnostics file to the logs directory/folder on your flash drive. 

After this is completed, type this command.

poweroff

This will power down the server so you can safely remove the flash drive.  Upload the Diagnostics file from the logs folder in your next post. 

Edited by Frank1940

RESOLVED

So, I called my ISP Friday to inquire into the incentives available for new customers and why existing customers are left in the dark. Long story short they matched the deal. Well, in doing so they changed the external subnet. Coincidently the new subnet matched the subnet I was using on the internal network. Google WiFi was smart enough to see the conflict and changed the internal network subnet. All DHCP enabled devices were working fine while the hard coded devices, i.e. my server, were not. 

Man, that took some head scratching, thanks for jumping in to assist though @Frank1940, very much appreciated!

I am still curious about the errors I was seeing on reboot though. Interestingly enough I did not see any errors during the complete shutdown that you recommended. I’ll try a restart again to see if the errors still exist.