Native Thunderbolt 3 Support

I would really like to see if Thunderbolt support could be included in unraid.  I'm assuming it would be just a matter of enabling that option for the kernel and building the required modules. 

With a Thunderbolt device attached, I can see the thunderbolt controller but the attached device is not present.  I also don't see any modules loaded for thunderbolt which leads me to believe that it was left out of the kernel.  With that said, I loaded up an ubuntu live usb (18.04.3) and the thunderbolt device was present and the relevant modules loaded.  Security could be handled at the command line level, no additional tools necessary.

This would be the final missing link for me to get my system finalized and running.  Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Well, my original goal was to use a 7th gen nuc that I picked up for a good deal to make a bookcase server and that's where I needed the thunderbolt 3 support for the storage array.

I ended up selling the nuc and picked up a supermicro board and a xeon cpu.  It is a bit overkill, way overkill, but I figure it leaves me open for the future. I then threw it into a small atx case.  I basically went the opposite route of the nuc but so far I'm happy with it.