OpenVPN-as tutorial help

Hi, so I followed this Spaceinvader One tutorial and followed it to a T (I think) but looks like I still need some help setting it up. Went through it step by step, even did the DuckDNS one also to get that going and it seemed to work fine setting it up. Pinged the domain and it pulled up my IP. I did have a few questions though. 

1. Reserving the 1194 port. I did already have that port reserved for my Plex setup. Did I need to do another port for it, or should it be fine running on that port? Wasn't sure about that. 

2. Trying to setup the connection for my iPhone and used the Connection profiles generated and emailed to myself to import in the OpenVPN app. I noticed on his he had his domain name blanked out but it ended in a .com address, not the .org DuckDNS domain that was setup in the tutorial. It should be for example [email protected]/autologin right? That's how mine shows and it simply won't connect. 

3. Can you test the VPN connection at home on your local network on wifi connected to the VPN? Wasn't sure about that either if you needed to be outside your network or not. 

Not sure why I'm having trouble connecting. Everything else seemed to work fine during the tutorial setup and matched his. Would you guys like any screenshots/logs/etc.? I'm def a novice at this stuff and follow tutorials a lot! So if i'm missing anything stupid, don't put it past me haha. So far you guys have helped in other situations, hoping here too!