[Solved] Another 0x8007003B error

Solution:

I updated the virtIO network fixed my 0x8007003B error.

So I have been fighting this issue for about a month.  I run a windows 10 VM as my plex server that I use as a DVR and for about a month I have been having issues recording my shows.  At first I thought it was a tuner issue because it would work once in a while like about 10% of the time and would appear to only work when I had no more than 2 tuners added to plex (these are networked HDhomeruns) but it wasn't consistently working.  I was finally able to swap out the tuners and was still having the issues.  This morning I made plex record to a local directory and it worked just fine, but when I tried copying the file to the server I got the error 0x8007003B.  I searched the forum here and on google and I believe I have tried everything but still not having success.

This is what I have tried

1. Running my AV including a offline scan during startup

2. Disabling the AV and Firewall

3. Running a sfc /scannow (It did have errors but was unable to correct them and I am still trying to find out how to correct them other than reinstalling windows and starting over.

4. Turning windows search service off.

I might have success with number 3 if I can get rid of the errors.  Does anybody know of a way to fix the corruptions without starting from scratch?

Edited by sgibbers17
Solved

Yep that's one of the many posts that I read before making my own post about the subject.  I even listed the things I tried listed within that post that frank1940 recommended.

To be clear this is only on one of my windows machines which is a VM on my unRAID server, all my other machines work fine.

I was able to do a repair of windows by reinstalling by keeping my apps and data and re-ran sfc /scannow and it completed with no errors but I am still getting the 0x8007003b error.

Edit.

I re-downloaded the virtio drivers iso and did a driver update and now seems to be working.  I'll see if my tv recording start working and I'll update here.

Microsoft must have pushed a update through that broke the old drivers that I was using because I was using the same drivers for many years ever since unraid supported VMs and never had an issue with that driver.

Edited by sgibbers17