Unraid 6.8.0rc1 GPU Passthrough on x570 motherboard

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to Unraid but not so much on Linux/NAS. Been doing a lot of research on this but hitting a dead end.

Problem:

Cannot passthrough my Nvidia GPU (1050ti) on Windows 10 VM.  I have a Ryzen 7 2700 on an MSI x570 Pro A Motherboard. 

Error is unknown power state and once force rebooted unable to launch with header error pcie 127

Followed all spaceinvader's guides (great content, cool guy) for all my config, same for the VM and GPU setup:

In short I tried:

-loading as per config default on vm and just selecting correct pcie's for video and sound. 

-Loading with ROM and same settings

-Appending syslinux configs with all these both gui and non-gui

append pcie_acs_override=downstream vfio-pci.ids=8086:a2f0 initrd=/bzroot

append pcie_acs_override=both vfio-pci.ids=8086:a2f0 initrd=/bzroot

same allowing safe interrupts, all the iommus are listed correctly and even individually with acs override

machine: i440fx-2.1 or machine: i440fx-4.1, swapping to try q35 gives me a naming error

I am pretty confident this is the problem:

I see downgrading might fix it but only for x470 motherboards!

Anyone else having the same problem or any of the pro guys that might know a solution? Btw if you have the same problem for AMD and have x470 or below just downgrade as described in the video.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...