quick upgrade questions just to confirm?

Hey all, I am upgrading from an intel Q9450 w/16gb ram to same drives (data intact) except adding a nvme ssd as 2nd cache, to a new Gigabyte B450 AORUS M AM4 with a ryzen 1600 and 32 gb ram.

The upgrade process is just moving the usb and drives over ( 6 on board sata with current setup, and 6 onboard sata and 1 nvme one new setup. ) and rebooting and the drives should be sorted and ready to start the unraid back up right? ( except new nvme cache?)  Maybe I have to reference my drive order I wrote down before changing hardware and reorder them?

I have some VM's ( no passthrough) and some dockers. will they need some heavy reconfiguring or should they just start right up?

Thanks.

Edited by kalabaddon
4 hours ago, kalabaddon said:

Hey all, I am upgrading from an intel Q9450 w/16gb ram to same drives (data intact) except adding a nvme ssd as 2nd cache, to a new Gigabyte B450 AORUS M AM4 with a ryzen 1600 and 32 gb ram.

The upgrade process is just moving the usb and drives over ( 6 on board sata with current setup, and 6 onboard sata and 1 nvme one new setup. ) and rebooting and the drives should be sorted and ready to start the unraid back up right? ( except new nvme cache?)  Maybe I have to reference my drive order I wrote down before changing hardware and reorder them?

I have some VM's ( no passthrough) and some dockers. will they need some heavy reconfiguring or should they just start right up?

Thanks.

In principle it should just be 'plug-and-go'.   It would not hurt to have a screenshot of your current drive assignments just in case.

Since you are not doing hardware pass-through the VMs should also be easy and vdisks go across without issues.   The one thing that might need attention is if you have any USB devices assigned to any VM.   In such a case there is a chance the ID changes and you need to redo the assignment.