(Solved) Please help - lost internet but not LAN

I would really appreciate some help with this one, attached is my diagnostics dump. I have recently lost internet access on my Unraid server, but local networking works fine. I also went against advice of "don't change anything" to changing quite a bit in an attempt to fix it!

Currently running Unraid 6.7.2, however I did do a upgrade to the recent RC and it was then that I lost internet connectivity. Here's a list of what I changed in an attempt to fix it:

1) Rolled back from the RC to 6.7.2 stable

2) Pulled the extra NIC that I have in my system (would have been eth1 and eth2 - eth0 is motherboard NIC)

3) Removed the OpenVPN client as I assumed it might have not liked the upgrade to the RC - it kept failing to start up tun5.

Some extra info that might help:

192.168.1.231 is my Unraid server (invader)

192.168.1.230 is PiHole running on a Raspberry Pi 4, acting as DNS1

192.168.1.233 is PiHole running in a Docker on my Unraid server, acting as DNS2

192.168.1.1 is my router/gateway, a Ubiquiti router. DHCP is setup on this, with the above IP addresses set via static routes. The DNS servers are also set to the two PiHoles.

Strangely Unraid seems just as unhappy if I change the DNS servers in network settings to be something like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Obviously it's not a network issue per se - I have internet access from other devices on my network and I can access SMB shares on the Unraid server/access the GUI/download the diagnostics report.

I'd be really grateful for any suggestions before I pull out what little hair I have left :(

invader-diagnostics-20191123-2126.zip

Managed to fix it, time to do a quick backup of my config!

The issue was my network configuration - for some reason, network.cfg was a bit borked!

# Generated settings:
IFNAME[0]="br0"
BRNAME[0]="br0"
BRSTP[0]="no"
BRFD[0]="0"
BRNICS[0]="eth0"
PROTOCOL[0]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[0]="no"
IPADDR[0]="192.168.1.231"
NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="192.168.1.1"
DNS_SERVER1="192.168.1.230"
USE_DHCP6[0]="yes"
DHCP6_KEEPRESOLV="no"
IFNAME[1]="eth1"
PROTOCOL[1]="ipv4"
USE_DHCP[1]="no"
IPADDR[1]="192.168.1.231"
NETMASK[1]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[1]="192.168.1.1"
SYSNICS="2"

Edited the file, removed the references for the second NIC - the lines between and including IFNAME[1]="eth1" and GATEWAY[1]="192.168.1.1"

The changed SYSNICS to be 1 and reboot. Phew, an absolute relief!

• TangoEchoAlpha changed the title to (Solved) Please help - lost internet but not LAN