Want to update bios on old asus mobo but unsure about IRST driver.

I have an old asus rampage extreme 3 i just repurposed for my first unraid build.  Its using the original bios atm and seemed to give me some usb boot trouble when i had some 6TB drives connected to it (even though it worked initially).  Looking at bios versions it seems last update mentions support for drives larger than 2.2tb.  I moved all my large drives to the lsi hba and all smaller ones direct to mobo.  I can boot back into unraid now but i'm kinda of stuck a bit.

I'm using an LSI 9211-8i with 8 of my largest drives connected to it.  This handles things on the media side, but i wanted to to have some extra drives dedicated as general purpose shares for family use, but having to plug in old 500gb/1tb drives wont cut it obviously. 

Was hoping if someone could fill me in on the necessity of the footnote listed for this bios update  *Please install IRST 10.5.0.1026 when using this Bios version.

I'm not 100% sure but this seems to be a windows specific item so this isnt relevant to using the board in an Unraid setup correct?

For context, as i was migrating data and drives over to this build, during a reset when having the last of my 13 drives plugged in i couldn't get it to boot from usb even after playing bios boot settings.  They just didnt seem to stick.  Only until i moved all the 4/6tb drives to the hba did it boot into unraid.

I also noticed the point made in the wiki about some boards having trouble with 12 or more drives plugged in.  Do drives connected to an hba count towards this as well?

Appreciate any help, and Happy New Year!