Build Suggestions (AMD NUMA vs Intel - Security?)

I'm hesitant to post this as I don't know if anyone has any suggestions; but I've been agonizing over this for 6 months.

To preface this: I have a i7-4930K paired with a Nvidia P400 for Plex transcoding and it works fine for what I'm doing.

I'm not so bothered by the performance of the system, however I want ECC memory with enough PCI-E expandability for the future so I've ruled out AM4 or the Intel consumer CPUs.  So that leaves Xeon, Epyc, or Threadripper.

With Xeons, I'm concerned about all of the security vulnerabilities, there are so many, but I'm not sure if I should be concerned about that with Unraid.  Right now I'm exposing Plex and Nextcloud to the internet with a reverse proxy and LetsEncrypt certs.  I also have OpenVPN set up.  The benefit of Xeon is that there are a ton of older cheaper generations to pick from.  So this is the cheapest option, but the security stuff scares me.

On Threadripper, only the 1st or 2nd gen are affordable for me, and I've read about NUMA and IOMMU issues with them and Unraid and I don't know if those have been resolved.  I'd also have more limited ECC support with those platform.

With Epyc, there are affordable 8 and 16 core models, but this is the most expensive of the options.  PCI-E 4.0 motherboards are also not on the market (off the shelf), so with this option I'd also have to wait.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Threadripper, Epyc, or Xeon?