6.8.0 freezes - kernel bug error and rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU

atconc

I've been running unraid on this hardware for a few years and it's been mostly rock solid but recently I've been getting some lockups where the system becomes completely unresponsive (stops responding to ping, ssh sessions die, apps in docker containers stop working).  I haven't noticed a particular pattern for when these crashes occur, to have idea whether this is load related for example, timingwise I think this corresponds with upgrading to 6.8.0.

I turned on  the syslog writing to usb feature and caught the logs which i have attached (edited to redact my email address from notifications but otherwise untouched).  I just saw 6.8.1 is out with some kernel updates so have upgraded to see if things improve but in the meantime thought I'd also post here with the syslog.

There's a couple of "kernel bug error" lines and lots like:

rcu_sched self-detected stall on CPU

Hardware is:

Gigabyte Z97-D3H-CF motherboard

32gb DDR3 ram

CPU Xeon e3-1230

LSI SAS controller

Array drives 4x 8tb wd red , 6 x 3tb wd red - single parity with one of the 8tb reds

Cache 2x 480gb sandisk ssds

2 other drives unassigned (2tb wd green and 128gb crucial ssd used as scratch drives)

I'm running various apps in docker:

Plex, sonarr, radarr, nzbget, unifi controller etc

Everything is running headless but I do have a graphics card arrived today so I can check bios settings etc if this persists.

syslog-email-removed.log