No longer able to connect Docker containers - SOLVED

andacey

Hi,

I run an OpenVPN client container. On previous versions of Unraid I was able to then use the --network='container:[name]' syntax to have any other containers connect to the internet through the VPN.

I used to achieve this by selecting none in the network dropdown and then adding my custom network argument into the extra parameters and it worked great. What seems to have changed is that now selecting none adds an explicit --network='none' argument, which then conflicts with my extra parameters.

I can fix this by copying the failed command and then running it again from the command line, removing the --network='none' argument, but then on the next auto-update they become orphaned containers and I have to set them up again.

Is there any way to achieve this argument via the UI now?

Update, solved

So I found another thread which referenced using docker network create to create a "network" named with the parameter you want to use. So in my case, docker network create container:openvpn

After doing that, I was able to add the containers and select that option as if it were another network. Works great and no, hopefully, they'll persist across an auto update.

Edited by andacey
Solved, adding solution to post for others