6.8.1 Update Blacklisted

tonyj

Hi, I have 2 Unraid Pro keys and I successfully updated to 6.8.1 on one of my HP Proliants, however when tried updating to 6.8.1 on the other my usb was blacklisted?  This meant downgrading back to 6.7.2.

I'm not that computer savvy so struggling to ascertain what went wrong.  Any ideas guys?

Tony

5 minutes ago, tonyj said:

Hi, I have 2 Unraid Pro keys and I successfully updated to 6.8.1 on one of my HP Proliants, however when tried updating to 6.8.1 on the other my usb was blacklisted?  This meant downgrading back to 6.7.2.

I'm not that computer savvy so struggling to ascertain what went wrong.  Any ideas guys?

Tony

This can happen if you use a USB drive that does not have a unique GUID.   Some of the lower cost generic manufacturers re-use the GUID on all their drives and this ends up being blacklisted by Unraid.   In such a case you can simply use the automated process for transferring the license to another USB drive that DOES have a unique GUID.

It can also happen if the license has already been transferred to another drive.  I think some people have encountered this when getting a license second hand.