Drive Failed or Hardware Problem

Joey94

Hey All,

Not sure this is the right place to post this.

I Had my normal monthly parity check and it reported back 4795 errors

Then to day i had a drive go failed screenshot below 

I want to try and work out if this is a failed drive or just some type of error  the drive is reporting Reads:

22,647,295,438,298 and Writes:140,736,543,096,110

I have only had this server and the drives for less then 6 months and only written 1.7TB to the array.

Thanks

jGcncMC.png

Impossible to say without more information whether you have a disk problem.    If you post you system diagnostics zip file (obtained via Tools >> Diagnostics) attached to your NEXT post this will allow for more informed feedback.  

Often such issues are due not to a faulty disk but to external factors such as problems with the SATA/power cabling to the drive.

Ok - the syslog shows that you got lots of resets on the drive and it then eventually dropped offline so there is no SMART information in the diagnostics to help determine if it is a disk problem.

i would suggest that you do a shutdown + restart on the Unraid server to see if that brings the drive back online and then post new diagnostics to see if SMART information is available to help determine its health.    You might want to also take the opportunity to check that all cabling to the drive looks firmly connected.