GPU pass threw error

wezerds

So several months ago I converted my Gaming rig over to unraid in hopes to have redundancy and better storage management. when I first set it up I thought I needed a second GPU to do GPU pass threw and so when i went home for thanksgiving i grabbed an old GPU that had HDMI and put it in my computer when I got back to college. I then set up my VM and got it to pass threw and it looked like everything was working, so I install drivers and then the VM would freeze, i also tried this in ubuntu and tried booting with a GPU ROM and that didn't help. so then i checked to see if my BIOS had a update and it was way out of date and so I updated it and then an unraid update date so i also updated to that but then i started to get the error "AMD-VI: Completion-Wait loop timed out" and the screens wouldn't even turn on. I have tried the fixes to that error that were online but most of them were to just disable IMMOU and that does technically fix the problem but the problem is when i try and start a VM not trying to boot the system. i have also tried downgrading unraid and the bios and have had no luck. so now i come to you all, do you have any suggestions, do you need any information to help me fix this. any help is appreciated and thank you.
my specs are:
MOBO: ASRock x570 phantom gaming 4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD RX 5700

On 2/8/2020 at 4:21 AM, wezerds said:

GPU: AMD RX 5700

You will not be able to pass through AMD Navi due to the infamous reset bug, especially when it's the only GPU.

Someone on here created custom kernel with the navi reset patch that may or may not work. You can do a search on the forum and try it out.

If storage functionality (and docker) is all you want, try installing VMware workstation player and run Unraid as a VM under Windows instead.

2 hours ago, testdasi said:

You will not be able to pass through AMD Navi due to the infamous reset bug, especially when it's the only GPU.

Someone on here created custom kernel with the navi reset patch that may or may not work. You can do a search on the forum and try it out.

If storage functionality (and docker) is all you want, try installing VMware workstation player and run Unraid as a VM under Windows instead.

Thank you for your response. I may have forgotten to mention but I have a second GPU and have successfully been able to boot a VM with GPU passthrough. Up until I would try and install drivers and then the VM would freeze. But my main problem now is the "AMD-VI: Completion-Wait loop timed out" error that will repeatedly sapam the console when I try and boot a VM with GPU pass through. Is that the reset bug or something else?

There are many more features that I want of unraid so it has to be my base OS I just don't remember them at the moment.

Best regards:

Wezerds

Edited by wezerds