Two Networks through one Docker?

TheBawse

So I'm trying to setup an IP camera system using the Shinobi docker app.  I want my IP cameras though a second network to be isolated from my main network that has my home devices and access to the internet.  I found a video from a youtuber called "spaceinvaderone" where he went through setting up his docker on a custom network to use either a separate VLAN or a second network using another NIC.  I went with the latter as I have a spare POE unmanaged switch which I planned to use on my POE IP cameras.  I have the second NIC installed and setup as Eth1 or Br1 in docker as a custom network.  I have set my shinobi docker container to use Br1.  Right now Eth1 has an old router plugged in and is set to use the 192.168.5.0 range along with having the unmanaged POE switch plugged in.  The docker container is given its IP address, and the "Host access to custom IPs" has been enabled.  

The problem I'm having is when after I install the docker container and go through the setup.  When I open the WebUI in the browser it always times out and won't connect to the app login screen. When in bridge or host I can access Shinobi as I do with my other installed docker (Plex, Krusader, Cadvisor).  What am I doing wrong here?

Inkedscreencapture-192-168-0-176-Settings-NetworkSettings-2020-02-08-02_12_11_LI.thumb.jpg.db419b13d77e429b62c3fc09ac0a270c.jpg

926841920_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.65c736f81f29df338c7bae56ad7edf34.png

993790891_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.39726ce39743266c7aa21b5509e5e3e9.png

Edited by TheBawse
6 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

You would need the pc you are opening the browser to be plugged into the Old router on the 5.x range with an ip on the 5.x range also. Can you confirm you are doing that?

No.  It's only plugged into the unraid server.  Can't I merge both custom networks through docker?  I would atleast want the WebUI run through my main network 192.168.0.X and the camera network available only to that docker container.

Edited by TheBawse

You are following instructions on how to isolate a second network from your main network (in which case accessing shinobi must be from this isolated network). You cannot now also want it to not be isolated. 

A way around it might be to run a cable between the old router and new router and set up static routing between the two routers so clients behind both routers can communicate by going via the two gateways (if they can be setup like that, maybe you can also assign multiple ips to them depends on the models). I dont know if the docker container would be able to work that way or not and likely you would be on your own testing it. It also sounds like you dont actually want or need this to be that complex. 

Edited by PeteAsking

I thought of another simpler option. If you have 2 NICs from the pc you want to manage the camera system from you could connect the second NIC to the old router with a .5.x address assigned. Eg: if you had a wifi and a ethernet port one foot of your pc could be in the one network and the other foot in the other network. This would allow this one pc to see both networks. If all client pc’s in the main network need access to the cameras then you are going to have to go with the routing option.