Plex Server setup

Tanviper

I need some advice.

I got unraid installed ( 6.8.2) and after reading the forums here, installed Linux Plex server since I was rather confused how to get other versions of Plex Sever running. After installing it, It says Plex is started under the Docker. I created several folders in shares, and even moved over several videos to my media/movies folder. Now what? How do I access those movies from the computers in my house?  

When I launch Plex on my computer, and go to edit movies, I don't get the option to point Plex on my computer to the network share on the Unraid. I can only see local drive letters, not mapped networked ones.

Edited by Tanviper
Correct spelling

Download the plex player under "Apps and Device" on plex.tv be sure not to download under the Plex Media Server section.  When you load plex player for windows you will be greeted by a sign in screen.   If your Plex media Server is working correctly on Unraid it should automatically link you up.  If it doesn't you can check the server by clicking on the docker tab.  Then click on the plex server logo and a menu will popup.  Click on WebUI and login to your Plex account.  Assuming your server is setup correct you should see all your media listed here from the server backend side.

Edited by Gragorg

Thanks for the reply. I releaized this monring at work what I was doing wrong. I had install Plex server on my main tower to play with it until I could build a proper unraid box and get plex working on that. On my tower, I thought all I needed to do was point THAT install of plex server to my unraid to use that as the new source of media. That would defeat the purpose of having Plex on a seperate box since my tower PC would need to be up still. 

What I DIDN'T do was log into the plex web GUI that's running on my unraid. Once that's done--and I deal with the old plex server--I should fix my own problems.