Multiple NIC's, DHCP to Static IP Breaking Docker/VM IP assignments

bmilcs

Hello. Quick summary of the issue I'm having:

- 2 NIC's: 1) Onboard single port, 2) PCI-E 4-port Intel

- 18-20x Dockers, segemented to VLAN's, assigned via br1, br1.X, br2

- Everything works with my router's DHCP IP assignments (Unraid's Settings > Network Settings).

- However, my syslog is showing a lot of DHCP lease renewal and I want to eliminate that.

- Swapped to STATIC IP assignment.

- It doesn't matter if I keep the same configuration previously retrieved via my router's DHCP ...OR... enter my own (unused, correct subnet/gateway) IP assignments, everything goes haywire. My network configuring skills are above average.

Here's what's happening:

- I click APPLY in Networking to assign Static IP's. I get this error message:

KrfgkGG.png

- If I leave Network tab, and come back, no error shows. All VLAN Unraid IP's resolve correctly... makes no sense.

wWJxEwy.png

- With Docker shutdown, Advanced settings shown, my ipv4 custom network Gateway's field go empty.

- Info is 100% correctly set. I'm even able to access Unraid's WebGui on each VLAN with it's static IP set.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

LOL. EDIT (before I even submit this): I think I figured it out.

I did NOT have Gateway Optional Metrics set. I set my top priority to my admin/management VLAN, and then prioritized the rest accordingly.

Can someone explain what and why this is necessary?

I'm confused as to the priority list, because it seems like BR1 (eth1) AND my eth0 share the same priority, despite eth0 = Priority 0 and br1 = Priority 1 in settings. They're both showing up as Priority 1 in my router tables.

EDIT: God this is bizarre. I made the following changes in metrics:

eth0: from 0 to 1

br1: from 1 to 2

and so on...

Now it looks like the metrics are correctly set. I'm not sure if I am correctly assuming the function of what METRIC does.

y3P4jOw.png

Can I make Unraid's WebGui accessible to only 1 primary subnet, but still allow Dockers/VM to use others?

Edited by bmilcs