How To - VNC Remote for Windows VM from iOS??

Unfortunately VPN connections are blocked from my employers network but thankfully TeamViewer is not!  That said, I've a Windows VM on unRAID which runs TeamViewer and allows me to access my LAN from work; however, if the VM is down or having any network issues, I'm unable to connect. 

I'm also able to access my LAN with my iPhone/iPad using OpenVPN to pfSense but unfortunately I can only start/stop VM's with the web browser app and am unable to actually use "VPN Remote" option to access the VM and figure out why TeamViewer is not working ... it just sits there with the 3 dots but never connects. 

Is there some workaround for connecting to the VM from iPhone/iPad?  I've RDP enabled but something with the networking of the VM is preventing me from using that so "VNC Remote" is ideal but not working.  FWIW - I've tried VNC Viewer app with unRAID IP and it starts to connect, says preparing desktop, but then flashes back to the connection screen in a loop.

2 hours ago, bugsysiegals said:

Is there some workaround for connecting to the VM from iPhone/iPad?  I've RDP enabled but something with the networking of the VM is preventing me from using that so "VNC Remote" is ideal but not working.

As long as the VM is set up to use a bridged network rather than the default of virbr0 then you should be able to use RDP successfully.

I personally prefer to use NoMachine rather than RDP as it performs better.

3 hours ago, bugsysiegals said:

It's using a bridged network other than virbr0 but I'm unable to connect with RDP. 

Is there a place within unRAID where I can see it's IP address to see if it's taking some new IP?

You can’t easily get the address from the Unraid level for a VM, but it should be easy enough from inside the VM to ask it what IP address it has.