(Urgent) Mac blocked from UnRaid

image.thumb.png.b48a249a55f5244c8fa417d647fcd221.png

I accidentally typed the wrong password into my unRaid server too many times in a row (I believe 3) and now whenever I try to login via Finder, I get a message that says "There are no shares available or you are not allowed to access them on the server. Pleacse contact your system administrator to resolve the problem. I poked around unRaid for a while and couldn't figure out where to fix this. SSH login from terminal works, as does access from any other device on the network. I also have rebooted the server so syslog doesn't show yesterday's activity unfortunately.

Disclosure:  I do NOT have a Mac.

As I read this error message, I would guess that the problem is on the Mac side of the equation.  Unraid does not block you out because you have entered the wrong password too many times.   (Windows computers have a 'feature' where Windows remembers the user name and password and automatically uses them to log into shares.  This feature often causes headaches there!)  I might suggest googling the problem while you are waiting for a response from another Mac user.

This one was tricky, but I finally figured it out. Thanks @Frank1940 for the help in narrowing down to the Mac.

I must have pressed "save password" on an invalid password at some point, which saved the login credentials into my Keychain. So whenever I attempted to connect to the server, it would attempt with the wrong password. Deleting that profile from my keychain solved the problem, although this is a really bad design choice to not have a pop up saying "wrong password."