Cisco UCS server errors

Hello,

While going down an un-related rabbit hole, I came across these error messages:

Mar 16 22:37:30 Gondor kernel: ACPI Error: Region IPMI (ID=7) has no handler (20180810/exfldio-261)
Mar 16 22:37:30 Gondor kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.M111._GAI, AE_NOT_EXIST (20180810/psparse-514)
Mar 16 22:37:30 Gondor kernel: ACPI Error: AE_NOT_EXIST, Evaluating _GAI (20180810/power_meter-130)
Mar 16 22:37:40 Gondor kernel: ACPI Error: No handler for Region [POWS] (00000000b2e7036d) [IPMI] (20180810/evregion-127)
Mar 16 22:37:40 Gondor kernel: ACPI Error: Region IPMI (ID=7) has no handler (20180810/exfldio-261)
Mar 16 22:37:40 Gondor kernel: ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.M111._PMM, AE_NOT_EXIST (20180810/psparse-514)

I'm not able to chase down a cause/fix, but it looks related to:

Would the same fix be relevant to my hardware? Cisco UCS C220 m4s. TIA!!

gondor-diagnostics-20200316-2208.zip

Edited by ibrahiemk
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
20 hours ago, NetworkGuy said:

ibraheimk,
I am trying to get unraid working on C220 M4 as well but am currently not able to get it on the network with my current NICs.    What PCI Card are you using for your NICs?

I’m using the built-in “1” and “2” ports. They work with no issue. These are the two ports to the right of the management and “ioioio” port. I don’t recall having to do anything special to make them work. It’s worth checking the CIMC management to see if the ports are enabled. Also, I could not get the MLOM or VIC card to work, but I didn’t really need them so it was a non-issue for me. Hope this helps! 

4 hours ago, ibrahiemk said:

I’m using the built-in “1” and “2” ports. They work with no issue. These are the two ports to the right of the management and “ioioio” port. I don’t recall having to do anything special to make them work. It’s worth checking the CIMC management to see if the ports are enabled. Also, I could not get the MLOM or VIC card to work, but I didn’t really need them so it was a non-issue for me. Hope this helps! 

Odd I tried the onboard NIC's first as they were already in use from my previous OS that was installed.  I rolled back my firmware version to match yours in the debug 4.1.1c and matched the unraid to 6.8.3 and still its not working.  I also reset my bios to default but from logs I see yours comes up with 2 NIC eth0 and eth1 but I dont see that in my logs.    Did you do anything to the bios or CIMC config other than system default and jbod disks?