HPE H240 Smart Host Bus Adapter Not Working

Hello

I have bought a HPE H240 Smart Host Bus Adapter for my unRaid server. This was before I installed unRaid since I already had lots of drives, so I knew the motherboard would not have enough connections.

Now that I have used all the SATA connections on the motherboard, and the PCIe-SATA exspansion has arrived, I wanted to install it, so the rest of my drives could get to work, but it doesn't recognise it.

Again the only thing I have done is plugin it in. I have used unRaid for a week, so it all very new to me. But if anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it, I would be very thankfull!

What I suspect the problem to is, that the card is only compatible with specific servers, but I really hope that is not the case or that there is a workaround!

Hope someone can help!

Links:

https://www.computersalg.dk/i/2247279/hpe-h240-smart-host-bus-adapter

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-c04496620

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not. The server is home-made from parts I had lying around, and I have kind of concluded, that the card doesn't work, since it will only work with specific server models.

So I have returned it. And ordered two LSI 9211-8i cards from ebay, which is already flashed to IT-mode.

Hoping they will be just plug and play, but if not there are tons more guides online, than for the H240 card.