Moving Docker

I got UNRAID up and running after reading a few posts I seen that a few people said it is better to have your VM's and Dockers running on another drive that is unassigned. I successfully got my VM moved over to the SSD. Now I can not figure out how to move the docker .img. I copy it over to the location and changed the location in the settings but when I enabled docker it wasnt running.

/mnt/user/system/docker/docker.img  = Docker current location.

15 minutes ago, Squid said:

That location is not on an unassigned device

Simply change the location to be /mnt/disks/whateverTheUDmountIs/docker.img

Right sorry i was mention the location before the move. So i have moved it to the unassigned drive. and now it says error docker failed to start.

/mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_970_EVO_1TB_S5H9NC0MC07775W/docker/docker.img

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

Settings - Docker, Stop It, Advanced View, delete the image, Restart the service

Apps - Previous Apps, check off what you want and hit install

perfect. that worked. now all my settings are still there aswell. how is that? guessing they are stored somewhere else?

also guessing it is now safe to delete the old docker .img from the other location?

1 minute ago, itskamel said:

perfect. that worked. now all my settings are still there aswell. how is that? guessing they are stored somewhere else?

flash drive

1 minute ago, itskamel said:

also guessing it is now safe to delete the old docker .img from the other location?

yes

• Like 1