SOLVED (kinda) - VPN container routing fails

Hey folks. I had this set up a few weeks ago and it was working, but I needed to change up a few things so I opted to tear it all down and start from scratch. (learning experience, right?)

I'm following spaceinvaderone's excellent video on routing container networks through another container running VPN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znSu_FuKFW0

Using binhex-delugevpn as my vpn container. that seems to be set up and working properly. I can check it's external IP and it looks like it's in Switzerland. WebUI is accessible from internal network and seems to be working. able to download a linux iso without problems.

Trying to create a binhex-jackett container (have tried some others and get the same result). I can get the container to run without changing network settings, but if I change the normal network to "none" and add an extra parameters "--net=container:binhex-delugevpn" I get this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-jackett' --net='none' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/data':'/data':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-jackett':'/config':'rw' --net=container:binhex-delugevpn 'binhex/arch-jackett' /usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Container cannot be connected to network endpoints: container:binhex-delugevpn, none. See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'. The command failed.

help pls. Happy to provide any additional information

Edited by hopsonhops

Success! solution ended up being upgrade from OS 6.8.1 to 6.8.3. Theres a bug in 6.8.3 that causes all containers to constantly think they need to be updated, so I had rolled back to the previous version. Apparently 6.8.1 has this issue with routing container networks. Looks like I'm stuck with one issue or the other so I guess I'll just live with the false update notification issue.