daily random reboots

Hello guys,

Every day I try to access my server and i find out that it was rebooted and it is waiting for me to click on start array. I have no idea why is this happening but I did also notice other random reboots whenever i am doing some downloads "relatively large" such as a season of a series. 

Will anyone please have a look at the attached diagnosis file and let me know whats wrong, I would really appreciate all the help i can get

I am using the latest version of unraid 6.8.3

Also, my cache drive was recently replaced with new Samsung Pro 860

everything is working fine except for those random daily reboots!!!

tower-diagnostics-20200530-2210.zip

Edited by livingonline8

A couple of questions to begin.

1--  Did the server reboot shortly after you got the Diagnostics file or did you include only because you thought you should?

2--  Does parity check as soon as the server boots up (which would indicate an unclean shutdown)?

A suggestion:  Read this section on setting up the Syslog Server.  It will provide an much better snapshot of what is happening up and beyond the reboot.

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/46802-faq-for-unraid-v6/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-781601

If you have a reset button on the front of your server, make sure that a small child or pet is not attracted by the nice LED light and hitting/pushing/batting the button...

@Frank1940 thanks a lot of your response

for your first question regarding the Diagnostics file:

when I wanted to access my server and I saw the screen that is asking me to start the array, I knew that the server just rebooted for some reason that i am not aware of and this has been happening for the last 2 weeks almost on daily basis, I started the array and the first thing i did after that is I downloaded the Diagnostics file.

as for the second part regarding the parity check:

I believe those random reboots are causing the unclean shutdown!! because I did not touch the server at all. 

No one has access to the server, it is located in a locked room and no one access the room without the key. 

Thanks for the link, it is a great thing to do in the future, but how about the Diagnostics file that I attached already, isn't enough? at least for the time being 

3 minutes ago, livingonline8 said:

Thanks for the link, it is a great thing to do in the future, but how about the Diagnostics file that I attached already, isn't enough? at least for the time being 

I downloaded it and I didn't see anything but I am not a Linux syslog Guru.   I suggested the Syslog Server because It can capture what is happening at the moment of the reboot.    Now, the important thing to realize is that most reboots are caused by hardware and a very few of them by Dockers or Plugins.  (The Basic Unraid system is virtually bulletproof...) The hardware problems seldom show until the event is under way and then it a matter of a few seconds until things go south. 

Yes, you can wait until a Guru downloads you Diagnostics file or you could setup the Syslog Server now.  BTW, it will capture the same syslog as is included in the Diagnostics file.  If you don't have a reboot before someone gets back to you with a their thoughts-- fine.  It only required a few minutes to set it up and less time to take it down and delete the file.  If you have a reboot before that happens, you can upload the file in a new post and that will then be available as additional data to see what is going on.

There is the distinct possibility that even the syslog server capture may not show anything except the reboot event.  Then begins the real 'search' for what is causing the problem.