Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H

I just upgraded my MB to a Gigabyte GA-MA780G-UD3H, and I cannot get it to boot off my flash drive, I've tried just about everything I can think of.

I've set the primary boot device as USB-ZIP, USB-FDD, USB-HDD. I've set the Legacy USB Storage Detect to both enabled and disabled. When enabled, the flash drive shows up in the list of hard drives, and I've moved that to the top of the hard drive priority list and changed the primary boot device to Hard Drive. Boot keeps getting hung at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" like it doesn't see a boot device though.

Based on various tips I've seen on the web I've also enabled and disabled USB Keyboard Support. I don't know what else to try.

My flash drive has worked fine with two other motherboards, so I don't think there is a problem with it, but is it possible I have to change the geometry on it for this particular MB?

Basically, I need some ideas. I've got the latest bios. I've seen some other people on here say they are using this MB, so I think it should work. Could someone with this MB or a similar one please share the BIOS settings that work?

If I'm remembering correctly, with the motherboards I've had, the BIOS doesn't actually detect it as one of the USB-*** options, it detects it as a hard drive.  If you can select the device interactively, it may be worth trying that and looking at the HD options, you might see the name of your USB drive there.  If you can't, I'd do a trial and error with a few of the HD options in the BIOS, it's possible your board is actually reading it as a hard drive.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'm out of town on business and will try them when I get back.

I can see the usb drive listed as a hard drive when I turn on the "legacy usb storage detect" option, but even when I set that option and move the usb drive to the top of the hard drive priority list and set hard drive as the only boot option, it still fails. I've got the drive mode set for ahci, I wonder if ide would make a difference?

My bios settings are definitely sticking, no problems there. I have only tried 2 usb ports, but they were right next to each other, I will try moving it around to some other ports when I get back.

Looks like although my flash drive had worked with 2 previous motherboards, it just didn't work with this one. I put in a different bootable flash drive (with the Windows install disk on it), and by setting that drive as the first hard drive and setting the hard drive as the first boot priority, it booted off of that flash drive.

So I took the UNRAID flash drive, backed up the files, reformatted, ran the syslinux command on it, and restored the files. It has now started to boot properly. Hopefully this info will help someone somewhere along the line.