!Resolved! Can't access SMB share from Windows no matter the Security Level unRAID version 6.8.3

Today I tried accessing my SMB share and something was immediately wrong. I didn't get a log in prompt for my share. Windows had the connection cached (if that's a thing?). So in Windows Explorer I can view the NAS without logging in, and when I access my share, that's secured, I didn't get a log in prompt. I can see the files in the folder, but I can't access them. When I create a new folder, I get the nice windows error indicating Destination Folder Access Denied and I need permissions to perform this action.

I ran through some forums and here is what I have tried:

- Remove credentials from Windows Creds manager - nothing there for unRAID.

- Then I tried running the Set New Permissions script for that share on all disks in unRAID - no change.

- net use * /delete - no change.

- Saw some forums mentioning my workgroup has to be in all capitals and it is.

Some interesting items to note. I can view all of the other shares and see their folders (if the share is public), but I get a permissions issue when I try to create a new folder. Also, only one Share on unRAID gives me a log in prompt and since my user does not have access to it I get access denied as I should.

Extra Troubleshooting steps:

- Rebooted client AND NAS - no change.

Edit: If I change the Share Security to Public I get access, but if I go back to Secured then we are back to the original issue.

Resolution: I resolved this by changing the user password to the one it already had and everything worked. I can map the share and browse.

Edited by 2nu2storage
Resolution
  • 3 years later...