GPU pass through not working with 2 Nvidia GPUs installed

New UnRAID build (6.9 beta 25!).  The goal is two VM's with GPU/USB pass through. I would like to use two Nvidia GPU's in the box but for the life of me, it will not let the card in the second PCIe slot start. I've not seen talk about this which makes me think that it is something that i'm doing wrong but i cant figure it out.  

The two cards in question are a 970 and a 1650.  I have exported bios for each card that absolutely works no problem in the primary slot. I can put either card in the first slot and VM's boot no problem.  No matter which card i install in the second slot, it wont start if an Nvidia card is in the first one.

This is on an asrock velocita z490 motherboard. Both Nvidia cards are Asus (970 and 1650).

Any thoughts? Is this a known limitation of Nvidia cards? A bug in the beta? What can i do to diagnose it?

When I say that the second card fails to start, i mean when you tap the button to start the VM you get a very simple qeum failed to initialize message.

Start the VM with error and please quote the error precisely (screenshots probably would be useful).

Then dump Diagnostics (Tools -> Diagnostics -> attach full zip file in your next post). Also please specify which card is in which slot when the Diagnostics was dumped.

Are you booting Unraid with the iGPU? Are you able to 100% verify that you indeed boot Unraid with the IGPU e.g. ONLY plug the monitor to the iGPU vid port and see the Unraid console?

Are you booting Unraid in Legacy mode?

Are you running any custom kernel e.g. Unraid Nvidia, ICH777 etc.?

Thanks for the reply. Right now I have the AMD GPU installed and things are working well.  I'm still debating if it's worth trying to diagnose the Nvidia issue, or just return the card and stick with the 5500.  The restart script to work around the AMD card getting stuck works pretty well, and with normal use i it doesn't seem like it will happen often.