Torrents and unRAID

Anyone out there running torrents off of an unraid server?  Not the client, I'm currently running the client on an XP system and just using the unRAID to do the storage...but I'm getting odd dropouts on it from time to time.

Before I start madly debugging, anyone run into this before?

I've been doing the same thing as you for a while (unRAID for storage, xp box as client), and it's been running smoothly. Only thing I can think of is that if you're actively downloading/seeding a torrent and you stop/start the samba service (ie hit Re-scan, reboot the server, etc), the client will report an error.  If that's not the case (and it doesn't sound like that's your problem), start madly debugging, and post some more details about your setup so we can help troubleshoot

That's good to know. The symptoms of my problem are that when running a torrent (seeding or downloading) and there is activity other then the torrent going on (moving a movie to another drive, or starting MyMovies with the DB on the same drive as the torrent directory) the torrents with file locations on the unRAID server error out, then they have to be rechecked before they will be resumed.

I'm using utorrent to do this, and I've tried with both UNC (\\server\share\torrent) and Mapped (Z:\torrent\).

I'll wait until 4.2 is at release before I go further with this, thanks for the input tho, it is an ability I would LOVE.