Cache filling up with files from share

Hi, I'm a new user to unraid. I have a few disks and I've only created one share. No running VM's or dockers. 

As soon as I change the cache to "prefer" on that share I've created, the cache is being filles up automatically by files from that share. 

If I activate the mover, is seems to create an endless cycle of the mover trying to empty the cache, and the cache filling up with other files. 

I've tried disable the cache on the only share that I've activated it. It stops moving files to the cache, and I'm able to move the files back to a disk using midnight commander. I am moving them from /mnt/cache to /mnt/disk# if that is relevant. And the same thing happens again as soon as I reactivate the cache. 

I would like to be able to use the cache, but an hour after activating it, it's filled up to 100% and stays there even if no files are being copied to unraid. I've tried letting the mover do it's thing for 12 hours (activated to run every hour) but the cache stayed at 100% and the mover was still running. 

I can't find anything on this forum or google about that particular situation, I would need assistance on the matter. 

I have attached the system log to the post, but the cache wasn't activated at the time.

Thanks in advance. 

nasty-syslog-20200912-2015.zip

Good trick I will set those shares to prefer. I had changed them to no when I was diagnosing my problem with the cache drive. 

I did setup a windows VM just for fun and it works very well, now that my server works like it should I'll try to add a bit more functionality to it, like transfering my Pi-Hole from a Pi to a docker. Fortunately I have a bit of linux background since I ran my fileserver on linux a few years ago and it helps me understand how Unraid works.

Unraid is a godsend for me as administrating a linux machine only as a file server was very difficult and a constant pain, adding new services kept breaking others, and I always dreaded updates because once in a while it broke functionality. I spent countless hours searching forums and google for ways to fix problems, but unraid installed and worked perfectly out of the box. 

Edited by Aleckxssundr