(Solved) help on win10 vm

ghan1

Hi,

I just set up my win10 vm for daily use. the problem I encountered is: everytime I open steam and play dota2 the vm crashes and the unraid server lost response. I used asus z97 to build my server with rx580 added as the gaming graphics card.

I attached the diagnosis file. Hope to get help and thanks for your time.

to those who may found this useful, my configuration is :

asus z87 pro with i7 4790k.

Graphics asus rx580 Oc dual 8g.

ewre.

tower-diagnostics-20200924-2301.zip

Edited by ghan1
Problem solved

Your syslog shows that your network adapter for eth0 might be having problems.  This may or may not be related to this option:

pcie_acs_override=downstream

have you tried running your VM without this option?  Is that option necessary for your IOMMU groups to properly split?

Failing that, you could try the beta version of unraid as it has a newer kernel with a newer version of qemu.

Tried without that

9 hours ago, civic95man said:

Your syslog shows that your network adapter for eth0 might be having problems.  This may or may not be related to this option:

pcie_acs_override=downstream

have you tried running your VM without this option?  Is that option necessary for your IOMMU groups to properly split?

Failing that, you could try the beta version of unraid as it has a newer kernel with a newer version of qemu.

tried first without that option. Not working and added that option following guide video by spaceinvader.

appreciate your help. Will give it a try for the beta version.