P2000 or New build

gjkthx

I'm looking at doing an unraid build really soon and was wondering if I should get a NVIDIA Quadro P2000  or just build a new system for unraid?  I currently have an intel 6700k with 32gig of ram that I would be using with the P2000, but am unsure if this would be enough power for my use cases or if this would work.  The new build would just be built around  an AMD 3600 or 3700.

I ideally would like to have this be primarily a plex server for at least 4 people to stream simultaneously at once maybe at most 2 more and 1 or 2 VMs.

Thanks

On 10/13/2020 at 12:51 AM, gjkthx said:

I'm looking at doing an unraid build really soon and was wondering if I should get a NVIDIA Quadro P2000  or just build a new system for unraid?  I currently have an intel 6700k with 32gig of ram that I would be using with the P2000, but am unsure if this would be enough power for my use cases or if this would work.  The new build would just be built around  an AMD 3600 or 3700.

I ideally would like to have this be primarily a plex server for at least 4 people to stream simultaneously at once maybe at most 2 more and 1 or 2 VMs.

Thanks

The iGPU in the 6700k will be fine for most uses unless you are trying to transcode a very modern format.

If you are doing a new build primarily for media, a modern iGPU from intel would be my preference over the P2000 and cheaper than a Ryzen + P2000.

If you need lots of cores for other workloads or server levels of PCI-E lanes then a P2000 is a good option however this is in the 12+ cores / mass PCI-E rather than a mid range Ryzen.

Edited by Decto