Cannot boot unRAID - Dell Precision 5520 (Laptop)

Hi everyone,

Before I move into the wonderful world that unRAID seems to be, I wanted to use my laptop to at least run unRAID and see how it looks, play a bit with the settings, etc., before I go and spend some money on actual dedicated hardware.

I have a Dell Precision 5520 (mobile workstation), nothing too fancy. I've followed all the instructions (moved from RAID to AHCI in the UEFI, disabled Fastboot, etc.). I can't disable USB3 or even 2, as that's not a possible option, and some setting seems to force me to use UEFI boot, as the Legacy Boot option is greyed out.

I downloaded the unRAID USB tool and installed on it (with the UEFI customization) on an 8GB USB 3.0 drive that I know is working. Booted the system: It hangs for 2-3 seconds after selecting the USB key and then goes straight to Dell's SupportAssist window that does a system scan (RAM, disk, etc.) as if there was a problem.

I tried a few times to make sure, same thing.

Grabbed a known working 2GB USB 2.0 drive, did the same install using the USB tool: Same exact behaviour.

I tried just downloading the package and manually running the batch file: Same behaviour on the two keys.

Tried it again but this time running `syslinux.exe -ma F:` to see if it did a difference: Nope.

Do I just happen to have an incompatible type of system/UEFI and it simply won't work, or I'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance for the help!