mvne passthrough and UD

AnttiA

Hello everyone,

I'm new to unraid (1 week) and I think I already watched more than half SIO YT videos :)

I managed to create my array, install docker apps, plugins, passthrough my 1080ti on a w10 vm,no problem.

but when it comes to nvme ....

I followed this video:

I can passthrough it when I boot from a VM -> windows sees the drive, I can format, everything is ok. I tried SIO method (TODO BACKUP) to clone the VM to the nvme. Here too, no issues. But when rebooting, VM goes on pause.I checked the xml, no errors, I set the disk1 to the modified clover image, sata mode, removed the other disks (just in case) but still pause.

logs says: 2020-11-28T23:53:47.049220Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio_err_notifier_handler(0000:02:00.0) Unrecoverable error detected. Please collect any data possible and then kill the guest

and when I go to UD, I see my nvme like this (image) : impossible to see the partitions, only the preclear option is available.

disk information show strange message, disk has no serial number ?!

I changed my xml file, back to boot with the vdisk.img and attach the mvne, it's ok windows sees it.

Did I forgot something ?

my system is asus maximus IX hero / 32gb ram / i7700k

2020-11-29 00_49_50-EDE_Main.png

2020-11-29 00_55_55-EDE_UpdateVM.png

2020-11-29 00_59_31-EDE_Main.png

Edited by AnttiA

UD will think any disk not assigned to the array (data, parity, or cache) is a UD device.  In this case you should be able to mark the disk as passed through but because the disk doesn't seem to show a serial number, UD doesn't enable that switch.  The php error indicates a potential problem with the serial number.  That has come up before when there is a character in the serial number like a quote.

You have an older version of UD.  Update UD and then post diagnostics.