Zombie files - moved files reappear?

Hi,

I'm cleaning up my Unraid 6.8.3 disks. All disks are formatted with XFS.

"Moving" means: copy/overwrite file in other folder and if successful delete original file

Moving files around using Dolphin via Docker, SMB via Windows, SMB via Linux shows the following behaviour for some files:

• The original file is moved to the target folder (overwrite questions is always answered with YES)

Effect:

1. The original file is visually deleted in the UI, the moved file shows up in the target folder in the UI
  2. The original file shows up a few seconds later in the UI of the target folder (maybe requiring a refresh) and it can even be opened 😳?! So the "deletion" did not work - or the file is somehow being resurrected by the OS/Unraid/...
  3. Moving the original file again and overwriting it in the target folder once more finally deletes the file
  4. No errors in dmesg - no idea where else to look...

This is extremely annoying - I had to realize that I'm actually doing the clean up the 3rd time now for the same files (I never realized the move failed long long back)... considering I'm talking about moving 1,000 of files into many newly created folders this is really hell.

This sounds like a Dolphin issue rather that an Unraid one :(

To help with working out why this might be happening I suggest you post:

• Your system's diagnostics zip file obtained via Tools Diagnostics and give a time where you see this issue to help identifying a relevant part
  • The Run command used to start the Dolphin container as mentioned here so we can check any drive mappings.