• 6.10-RC5 and up Waiting 30 sec for device with label ...

agh1701
    • Urgent

This problem started with 6.10-RC4 and now in rc5.  it seem like I cannot reboot without receiving this message.  If I power off and on it will boot.  I tried playing with xhci handoff to no avail. My flash is a Samsung bar 32G ~6 months old. Anybody have any Ideas?

20220428_201030.jpg

nas-diagnostics-20220503-2016.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It appears your flash drive is plugged into a USB 3.0 port. It is advisable to have it plugged into a 2.0 port.

Edited by Taddeusz

tried the bzimage checksum fix.  it did not work.  after updating to rc6 I got one good reboot.

Edited by agh1701
    missing the word "not"
    15 hours ago, limetech said:

You can also try this fix:

Please report back if this solves the issue.

Can you divulge more about this? Are their long term consequences to doing this? Any drawbacks? Seems it affects a lot of the dell servers?

I messed up my response.  it did not work.  for some reason I was able to get one good reboot after the rc6 update.  for now when I reboot, I wait for it to hang and then power it off and on with the power button.  I may as well start powering down from the UI and powering it on with the power button.

Mother board is ASROCK H470 steel legend 32G memory and I9-10900K no overclocking.

Edited by agh1701
    5 hours ago, blaine07 said:

Can you divulge more about this? Are their long term consequences to doing this? Any drawbacks? Seems it affects a lot of the dell servers?

I don't know why this works.  Must be a workaround for a bios bug.

• Like 1

It does not work.  Please read.  I stupidly left out the word "not".  I think I need to try a new flash but I think I am out of SN changes for the year.

12 minutes ago, agh1701 said:

It does not work.  Please read.  I stupidly left out the word "not".  I think I need to try a new flash but I think I am out of SN changes for the year.

I know this is frustrating.  But from a power-up state it does boot correctly?

re: new flash: just email [email protected] and we'll be able to replace your reg key.

Yes.  from power off to on works every time.  It's like during a reboot USB controller or the flash is left in a bad state.  The really strange thing is going from RC5 to RC6 rebooted fine.  Issuing a reboot from the GUI is not working.

1 hour ago, agh1701 said:

Yes.  from power off to on works every time.  It's like during a reboot USB controller or the flash is left in a bad state.  The really strange thing is going from RC5 to RC6 rebooted fine.  Issuing a reboot from the GUI is not working.

Have you turned off fastboot in the bios? It causes  issues cold start is fine reboot doesnt always find a boot dev. I have z690 msi pro a ddr5

Edited by SimonF

I am pretty sure fast boot is off.  I will check when I get home.  Thanks.

Edited by agh1701
    On 5/6/2022 at 2:16 PM, SimonF said:

Have you turned off fastboot in the bios? It causes  issues cold start is fine reboot doesnt always find a boot dev. I have z690 msi pro a ddr5

Fastboot is disabled. Enabling it prevents usb boot.  Thanks.

Interesting, After updating form rc6 to rc7 another good reboot.  Rebooting from the UI still hangs like the 1st post.