• 6.10.0 rc-2 server locks up after about a week of uptime.

relink
    • Minor

Im having my server lockup pretty regularly, it may take 5days or more but eventually it will lock up guaranteed.

When this happens The WebUI still mostly loads, but all the graphs and actual details dont. I cant tell if my docker containers are still running or not, they dont act like they are but they still showup in htop. Infact when I ssh in and look at htop everything looks fine.

On my syslog server I got over 2.8million logs from unraid just stating various forms of "out of shared memory", "no memory", and "no space left on device". But again, htop looked fine. I also checked the capacity of my flash drive and its only at 1.5GB of used space. So im not sure what space its running out of....

I took a diagnostics while it was locked up, and then I took another after stopping the array before I rebooted.

serverus-diagnostics-20211206-0950.zip serverus-diagnostics-20211206-0926.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

2 hours ago, relink said:

I've lost count of how many times I have read that post in the last year.

And what action did you take as a result?

2 hours ago, trurl said:

And what action did you take as a result?

-I have updated my BIOS (within the last 6mo)
    -I have disabled global c-states even though im 2nd gen
    -I have set the Idle control setting appropriately.
    -No ram overclock
    -No CPU overclock
    -I have recently ran the latest version of memtest for over 2 days without error.
    -I have tried different ram, different ram configurations/number of DIMMS.

If there is anything else in that post I need to check I am clearly missing what it is.

I hope you don’t think I’m being obstinate with my response. 

That FAQ has been the first reply to almost every post I have made in the last year. And each time I reread it to make sure I didn’t miss anything. 

I believe I have done everything mentioned in that FAQ, and have double checked it all more than once. But I will double check again.