• [6.12-rc3] XFS encrypted and BTRFS encrypted disks unmountable

nthlevel
    • Solved Minor

Just upgraded from RC2, existing array is XFS Encrypted, two cache pools that are both BTRFS Encrypted.

I provide my passphrase (same passphrase for every disk), and only one BTRFS cache pool succeeds. the array and the other cache pool fail.

reverted to RC2, and now i cant mount them on RC2 either. not sure where to go from here - perhaps rebuild the USB key with 6.11.5?

diagnostics attached

firefox_9Z0QUhHVe0.png

unraid-diagnostics-20230415-0654.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ok, figured it out - for some reason my disks were configured as "xfs" in disk.cfg, instead of "luks:xfs". no idea how that happened. similar issue with my "nvme" cache pool.

I manually changed the config files, rebooted the server, and everything mounted correctly. not sure how they got set to xfs/btrfs non-encrypted.

disk.cfg:

diskFsType.1="luks:xfs"

diskFsType.2="luks:xfs"

etc

nvme.cfg

diskFsType="luks:btrfs"

image.png.b8d2262482fe6daf27680e223a17d209.pngimage.png.d41251763e5540f3e36520e4bec527b0.png

Edited by nthlevel
    added config contents

i guess i'll mark this one as solved, although i would still consider it a bug that the config files had diskFsType.1="xfs", and diskFsType="btrfs" in them. i would think the configs should have been updated since the disks were last mounted as XFS and BTRFS encrypted.

Edited by nthlevel
    typo
    17 hours ago, nthlevel said:

ok, figured it out - for some reason my disks were configured as "xfs" in disk.cfg, instead of "luks:xfs". no idea how that happened. similar issue with my "nvme" cache pool.

That was a bug with rc2, it could happen after a new config.

17 hours ago, JorgeB said:

That was a bug with rc2, it could happen after a new config.

gotcha, that was it then. i did new config several times on RC2 trying to get ZFS encryption to work.