• 6.12-rc5: NGINX flooding /var/log with nchan: Out of shared memory

husqnz
    • Closed

A reboot fixes it, but I'm at ~3 days uptime and the log is >60% full.

Not the end of the world, but annoying - has only started happening after 6.12-rc5, prior builds were stable.

babel-diagnostics-20230506-1546.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Will do. Just waiting to see if it recurs after I did a bit of a clean-up of unused plugins. If it does, I'll try safe mode and see if I can get it to recur.

On 5/6/2023 at 5:43 AM, husqnz said:

Will do. Just waiting to see if it recurs after I did a bit of a clean-up of unused plugins. If it does, I'll try safe mode and see if I can get it to recur.

Are you still having this problem?  I also got this error, reported at the link below.  But with me I also had 100% CPU usage and a SMART error on an NVMe drive.

I don't know if the two are related or if it's a coincidence.
    I'm not getting the error right now. 

Edited by samsausages
    6 hours ago, samsausages said:

Are you still having this problem?  I also got this error, reported at the link below.  But with me I also had 100% CPU usage and a SMART error on an NVMe drive.

I don't know if the two are related or if it's a coincidence.
    I'm not getting the error right now. 

Yep - am at ~2 days of uptime so the "log nearly full" fix common problems error hasn't shown up yet, but I just checked my logs and it's definitely still happening. Will find a time this weekend to reboot in safe mode and see if it continues. Won't have time during the week unfortunately! Will follow your ticket too!

Oh and re the NVMe drive error - I was having one of my NVMe drives randomly going into read-only mode (no SMART error or anything for me though). The only way to fix it was wiping the drive and reformatting to xfs - btrfs was the culprit (or at least it seemed to be). I'll try switching back to btrfs one day... May not be relevant but you never know...

Edited by husqnz
    • Like 1
    On 5/6/2023 at 6:47 PM, JorgeB said:

Try booting in safe mode to rule out any plugin issues and see if it makes a difference.

So - rather than doing safe mode, I did another pass of tidying up - moved tailscale to my pfSense router, where it should be, and removed the tailscale plugin (not docker). Stopped seeing errors. So will head over there and report it to the dev :)

• Like 1
    • Upvote 1