• [6.6 rc3] Bonding enabled by default

saarg
    • Closed

In 6.6 rc3 bonding is enabled automatically if two networks card are present. I have not enabled it and deleting the /boot/config/network.cfg and /boot/config/netork-rules.cfg and rebooting enables bonding again.

disabling bonding results in no network on next reboot.  If deleting the above mentioned files again, I'm back at bonding.

Same thing happens on two systems.

Edit: Seems that I click on too much at the same time trying to solve it. I moved the cable to eth1 and then it didn't work. Changing eth0 and eth1 in network settings and rebooting and I'm back at no bonding.

bonding-diagnostics-20180916-1851.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This behavior exists since version 6.0 was introduced.

By default bonding is enabled to allow people to connect to any available port of their system and avoid them complaining about their connection not working because they didn't use eth0 (which happened frequently in the past).

1 minute ago, bonienl said:

This behavior exists since version 6.0 was introduced.

By default bonding is enabled to allow people to connect to any available port of their system and avoid them complaining about their connection not working because they didn't use eth0 (which happened frequently in the past).

And with motherboards with multiple RJ45 connectors it can be unclear which one is "eth0".

I marked it urgent (At least I thought I did) as disabling bonding ended up in no network after rebooting. I changed it to minor when I figured out how to get the network back.

And no, I didn't read the descriptions of the priority. Sorry about that.

Edited by saarg