• Containers lose permissions to their internal filesystem.

huntastikus
    • Minor

Hi,

I don't restart my server very often, but this has caught my attention during the latest upgrade to 6.10.0-rc5. It seems that when I reboot my server, some containers lose their functionality and the logs are showing that the container was not able to access files. These files are not the files/folders mapped in the appdata share, but they are internal to the container itself. An example of this is my Authelia container (from Ibracorp's repository) which has errors showing that it cannot write to /var/log/*some file*. This folder/file is not mapped to anything outside of the container.

The same behavior happens with the following containers as well: binhex-krusader, emby, MongoDB, Nextcloud.

I am able to replicate this behavior by simply rebooting Unraid.

This was never an issue with the previous builds, but as I understand there have been some changes to permissions with this new release of Unraid.

Is this behavior a bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there anyone else having these issues?

athena-diagnostics-20220429-2116.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

After the reboot that upgraded to RC8, not only were containers not working, but also the NVIDIA and the Wireguard plugins were showing errors:

image.thumb.png.c06f2080cb0ea5a691d7998f560752d5.png

Things seems to be getting worse with every release.

1 minute ago, huntastikus said:

After the reboot that upgraded to RC8, not only were containers not working, but also the NVIDIA and the Wireguard plugins were showing errors:

Please read release notes about about obsolete plugins....

9 minutes ago, huntastikus said:

How quickly did you update following the release? It takes time for some plugins kernel specific parts to be compiled i.e. nvidia if the kernel version has been updated.

I normally wait an hour following a release before updating.

if you update too soon the plugin helper should update and let you know if it fails.

this is an example for zfs plugin.

image.png.4ba8af8d37f076be30c9b19ecf2535b6.png

Edited by SimonF
    11 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Please read release notes about about obsolete plugins....

I didn't catch the thing about wireguard, However I don't see any mention of the nvidia driver being deprecated...

5 minutes ago, SimonF said:

How quickly did you update following the release? It takes time for some plugins kernel specific parts to be compiled i.e. nvidia if the kernel version has been updated.

I normally wait an hour following a release before updating.

if you update too soon the plugin helper should update and let you know if it fails.

this is an example for zfs plugin.

image.png.4ba8af8d37f076be30c9b19ecf2535b6.png

My server was done rebooting about 1 minute before I posted the issue. I think the RC release post said 1h so I am guessing about an hour after release.