• Unable to change default Interface Eth0 mapping

Inch
    • Closed

Hi there,

For some reason I'm unable to change the default eth0 mapping at the bottom of the network interface screen. I've installed a two port 10G network card. When i try changing Eth0 to its Mac address, and reboot it just reverts back to the onboard (original eth0) not the one i changed it to. 

The correct MAC address assignment is: 
    chrome_cEpFaVfNUc.thumb.png.8cfd5aa5dc9eeefb8420158d635fcb76.png

However, when I reboot Eth0 changes from the Mac ending 8C back to the one ending E6. Please let me know if any logs would help. 

P.S. I'm currently on 6.12.0-RC6

10gig card - with ip switched from eth0 ready for it to become the "new" eth0.

chrome_wXbHMWoEYi.thumb.png.0e995c70fdab22e0186244ca6ac3312f.png

Original eth0 that's just not budging.

chrome_Y5AfMotyV0.thumb.png.4cc41b0b692a5a25777ee58e2e6bef90.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Changed priority, as this is pretty much a show stopper if its refusing to switch the default eth0 to a network card 

I think I've worked it out... although respectfully, the UI is dreadfully unclear. 

So... i proactively named the new interface on the 10G card, "Unraid 10G", setup the IP address and such that I wanted assigned to that interface. 
    Then looked at the MAC Address that was also on that 10G interface. Thus I went to change Eth0 around at the bottom, i see now that all its doing is moving the MAC Addresses around in the UI, which frankly is really, really, confusing. 

Ideally, it should move everything you'd set on the interface up into the Eth0 setting/area, vs. swapping the MAC Address around like a ninja. The only way i figured this out was watching the switcheroo in UniFi on the actual switch port.... <headache> 

Edited by Inch