• [6.11.5] Docker "Network Type" selection in the GUI omits custom bridges beyond br0

Pri
    • Closed

To replicate the bug, if you have two bridges in your unRAID the Docker Network Type dropdown will only offer up the first one like so:

8dL4WV9uh.png

When instead it should offer all the bridges. In my system I have both br0 and br1. I'm able to select either for Virtual Machines but not with Docker. This is I believe how it should look:

tWMCByt9d.png

Thank you.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Docker network selection will show all available interfaces when correctly configured.

Check you Docker settings. E.g.

image.png

image.png

I have them setup in my Docker but only br0 shows not br1 in the dropdown. But both of those work fine in VM's.

This is what I see on my Docker settings page:

wGvSqp9wQ.png

This isn't a bug?

what is the output of

docker network ls

The GUI will show any networks that docker knows.

Looking closer at your picture: both br0 and br1 have the same network, docker does not allow that.

I see, so this is a limitation of Docker and not unRAID. The reason I did it this way (two bridges that go to the same network) is because of performance issues. If my VM's are hammering the bridge, dockers can lose connectivity. So I shifted them to different bridges and gave dedicated physical ports on my server to each bridge.

I'm running all VM's on br1 and then docker is using br0 and now they don't cause contention issues with each other. I could instead create a bond but my VM's could just eat all of that too thus the separation etc

This isn't really a problem since the VM manager of unRAID lets me select br0 or br1 for my VM's so as I said above I just used br1 for VM's but I thought it was a bug due to the discrepancy between what VM's let me select and what Docker lets me select.

Thank you for the clarification :)