• 6.12.11 - server inaccessible a few hours after update

nunurs
    • Annoyance

A few hours after updating the server was no longer accessible, by http and local network yet some dockers like plex were still accessible. By restarting the computer everything works again but I'm afraid the problem will return quickly :/

Do you have an idea? I checked in the dockers options it is clearly marked ipvlan

nas-nunurs-diagnostics-20240722-2157.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I checked in the dockers options it is clearly marked ipvlan

That should no longer matter with v6.12.11, enable the syslog server and post that after a crash.

I had exactly the same problem, three times last week. Everything became unresponsive and I had to do a hard reset each time to restart the server. I never had that problem before with 6.12.10.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that I could have enabled the logs to provide more info.

I reverted to 6.12.10 and since no more issues.

Okay it's activated thanks, I'll wait for it to crash again :/.

@boies00 yes I didn't know either ^^, wait & see

I have activated an external syslog server, and I continue to have my server going unnacessible. But nothing unusual have been written in the logs prior to the lost of control. 

I have decided to try not using my most recent dockers -- NZBHydra2 and Readarr. And I have discovered that I was using the developpment branch of Lidarr. I don't know if any of them are known to cause issues, but I have stopped them until the next crash.

Let me know if you think any of those three may have caused my issues. Because up to two weeks ago, I never had any crash or unresponsiveness over several months.