• [6.9.2] Array has read errors after upgrade

Lameth
    • Minor

Hi,

After upgrading from 6.9.1, I get read errors on my array.

I've upgraded the first day the new version was released, and had the same issue, I performed a fallback, and it solved the problem, array went back to normal.

ragnarok-diagnostics-20210427-1001.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks for the info, however I'd like to keep lowCurrentSpinup enabled. Hopefully the next update will solve this issue (which didn't exist in the previous version). Until then I'll fall back to 6.9.1 again, and set the priority of this issue to minor.

50 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

This is an LSI/Seagate issue, it can't be fixed by LT, but it might be fixed on a future kernel included in a future Unraid release.

On 4/27/2021 at 2:37 AM, JorgeB said:

This is an LSI/Seagate issue, it can't be fixed by LT, but it might be fixed on a future kernel included in a future Unraid release.

Can confirm, this is upstream. LimeTech (ie unRAID) has no control over this level. Any suite using the same versions of tools/kernel/etc will run into the same issues -- you may need to consider the version you're at to be LTS and keep a backup of your backup handy.

Any upgrade path will likely also require a firmware patch, so perhaps keep an ear to the ground where those live before considering another pass at upgrading OR changing from unRAID to anything else. You have a Known Stable Version, at least keep it around.