• Network bug with more than 1 nic it changes the mac code without you realised

dopeytree
    • Urgent

With more than 1 nic available when you applying setting to the next nic so eth1 or eth2 it seems to change the mac of the eth0.

Its really annoying and I missed it doing it this last time so I'm locked out of the system.

As it has written the mac for eth1 into eth0 and eth 1. eth2 has its normal mac.

for example it should be

eth0 - dd22

eth1 - xx88

eth2 - xx89

But when I was trying to set up load balancing it has chnaged the nic which is the next section down.

now it reads

eth0 - xx88

eth1 - xx88

eth2 - xx89

Obviously now I cannot boot into the system & the safemode is useless as it still loads your previous network settings.

Again this is a major bug.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There is a bug in udev which causes it to detect NICs in a bonded interface, and giving the same MAC address.

This results in a wrong network rules file when interface assignments are changed while the bond interface is active.

This affects Unraid 6.10 versions. Workaround is to disable the bond interface before changing interface assignments.

It works correctly in latest beta release.

Delete the network-rules.cfg file and retest with v6.11.0-rc4

Please always include diagnostics, which helps us to investigate the issue.

today I nocited another one.. if you change the dns settings it changes the gateway.. which is the above setting. This then changes your routing settings and disconnects you from the internet until you figure it out.