• System not Boot

Robertbigk
    • Minor

I really start to hate Unraid software is buggy messy no any description and i cant

rely on this softrare. I make machine for client is demo version or trial to test and give client to buy licence. System is Gigabyte Pro x399 Threadripper 1920.

System work one week data of client. All boot work stable no any trouble. I add gpu for system unraid see only 3 gpu i add 4. Than shutdown serwer boot to hive os check if decect and how many gpu. After boot this i cant lunch Unraid any more. 

In 6-7 hours i manege randomly to boot unraid. Is no bugs lunch 2 times when i think all ok is again not work

I got messedge 

Failed to allocate Initramfs memory , balling out

loading /bzimage ... ok Bad file number

I use 3 diferent usb stick to make sure is no usb broken. not help. Check every single option in bios is not help. Even when randomly work i save bios to custom profile. Two boot boots i got error and again system not boot. I change every singe usb port not help. 

I check Hive OS (Linux)

Ubuntu Linux

Windows 

all work instant boot no any problems 

Im dont find eny solution desciption what that messedge means. And no any clue becouse 3 times in 6 hours system randomly lunch after couple restart again not work and that same messedge. I Just angry i use many systems and never get so much truble to find solution and random bugs to cannot find in google. In this state i cant recomend eny one system if work superb but many times You got stange bugs and speend hours to find why is not work. Is like system to houbist to like experiment and speend allot of time find way how to work but not use.

Sorry is bad quality photo but is 5 inch service monitor to i know what system status only.

20210818_071938.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In that other thread, I suggested trying a USB2 port. You replied that you had tried other ports, but you didn't specifically say you tried a USB2 port. Did you try a USB2 port? Sometimes recent motherboards won't expose the USB2 ports but they probably exist on a header on the motherboard.

I also explained the folder naming for UEFI vs Legacy. Did you make sure that matched?

How did you create the flash drive? Have you tried the Manual method:

https://wiki.unraid.net/Manual/Changing_The_Flash_Device#Manual_Method_.28Legacy.29

I open hire tickec becouse first thinki i dont know somthing now i sure is 100% bug releted.

No is not any setup in bios i find  solution on last rc1 sytem boot every time no hasle no any changes in bios. U boot old (current software) got bug lunch rc1 i system boot normal. I buy licence and now wait to get it pay from paypall what we got 90'? No automatic send licence? No im stuck i cant do anything. Old system (current version) not boot. Rc1 boot but write missing licence (on in this configuration You cannot use trial) I buy licence and couple hours wait for mail. What the nightmare. 

You didn't actually answer any of my questions or tell us whether you had tried any suggestions.

Lots of people using this software and not experiencing your issue.