• Windows 10 VM crashes server

euchredad63
    • Minor

I just upgraded to unraid 6.12.10 from 6.11.5.  Server comes up OK.  But as soon as I begin using the Windows 10 VM, the entire server freezess, not just the VM.  I have to do a hard reboot to access the unraid server again.

When I went to downgrade back to 6.11.5, unraid requested I submit a report here.  I have attached the diagnostics file.  This server is older hardware.  I am semi-technical, so please keep that in mind as you respond.  Thanks.

This also happened when I upgraded months ago to one of the first versions of 6.12.XX, but had to downgrade for the same issue.  I was hoping it was resolved with further updates.

Since I have downgraded to 6.11.5, I can use the VM without any issues.

Thanks for any suggestions / help.

unraid-diagnostics-20240416_1450.zip

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There is a good chance that the reason for the crash is the hardware ID of passed through hardware has changed so you are now passing through something critical to Unraid functioning.   Hardware IDs changing is not at all unusual when upgrading particularly if there is a significant upgrade to the underlying Linux kernel in the new release.

Have you tried removing any hardware current passthroughs and redoing them after the 6.12.10 upgrade, rebooting Unraid to make them take effect, and then seeing if the VM will start?