Jump to content

Kuranes

Members
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Kuranes

  • Rank
    Newbie

Converted

  • Gender
    Undisclosed
  1. I'm really sorry for the much delayed reply. Thank you very much for your help. I replaced disk 4, as well as the cable connecting ATA8; everything is running fine now.
  2. Currently my server seems to be running fine. However, just until today I noticed several disk read errors that took place on Oct. 1st (perhaps related to the monthly parity check). Looking at the syslog, the first issue happened on August 28 (Aug 28 20:39:24 Tower kernel: ata8: SError: { RecovComm Persist PHYRdyChg 10B8B } (Errors)), which I ignore how to interpret. Should I simply replace the drive generating errors, or is there anything else that should be done (like upgrading to v.6)? Thank you very much in advance for your assistance. Smart_Status_report-2018-10-07.txt syslog-2018-10-07.txt
  3. I had unRAID 4.4.4 installed on my server since around August 2010. Everything was working fine until today, when I decided to upgrade to the latest version of unMenu (using its interface). Since then, my server disappeared from my network, and when I try to log directly using the server's keyboard, I do not see a login prompt (even after pressing the "enter" key several times, which only adds breaking spaces). The last line shown right before the blinking underscore is "starting syslog daemons: /usr/sbin/syslogd -m0" The only command that the server accepts is reboot, using [CTRL+Alt+Del] (powerdown package was previously installed). The problem remains after upgrading unRAID to version 4.7 (following instructions posted in this forum). Thank you very much in advance for your help. PS: The code present in the "go" file is: #!/bin/bash # Start the Management Utility /usr/local/sbin/emhttp & installpkg /boot/packages/cxxlibs-6.0.8-i486-4.tgz /boot/unmenu/uu cd /boot/packages && find . -name '*.auto_install' -type f -print | sort | xargs -n1 sh -c ______________________________________________ EDIT: I decided to format the flash drive containing unRAID, then I transferred version 4.7 (plus unMenu 1.5), as well as the old configuration and license files. Then I powered the server, assigned the devices according to the pre-problem configuration, started the array... And everything is fine now. syslog-20131127-141354.zip